12.15.2006

'I'm Not Weird, I'm Eclectic' Meme

Tagged!

1. I have a green lizard in my truck named "Reggie". Reggie has traveled with me for many, many miles since I first started driving at 16. Something about his comapny remindsme of my woman-hood success through my travels from 16 to AHMEM 31; I love driving and feel so independent and free when I do.

2. I used to be the most bland eater in the world. I only ate grilled cheese, chicken noodle soup and cereal for years. Now I eat anything and everything and gawk at bland food. My family thinks DH is an alien and abducted me. Actually cereal remains my favorite food to this day and I will eat a whole box whenever forced to eat alone. Frosted Mini Wheats rock!

3. I have a tattoo from my younger chucks and potatoe sack wearing days. I once had my eyebrow pierced, but had to remove it b/c of an internship at a mental hospital.

4. I once was stupid enough to go on a joy ride which included top speeds of 100 mph and cruising down "Dead Man's Hill" while car was in neutral. We landed at the bottom of the hill after a 360 degree spin and life-flashed before our eyes.

5. I have owned snakes, turtles, cray fish, crickets, cat fish-you name it, whatever one could pull out of the "crick" as pets. One of my nicknames was "Bug"

6. Some people claim that I am fairly intelligent, but I have what my call "_____ (insert my name) moments". This means I totally space out and say stupid things like, "Wow I have never heard of the group called 'P'", when at a record store and mistaking the letter dividers for one of the CD titles ha-ha.

7. I have never baby-sat or otherwise taken care of a child and I plan to be a mother!

8. One of my favorite books is The Jungle and it led to my passion for organizing. My first week on the job after grad school had me in a full-length fuzzy shark suit and a picture of me in said suit was posted in the newspaper. "Look ma, I'm a radical rebel in a shark suit with a master's degree!"

9. I was raised Christian but really have an embarrasingly low-amount of knowledge about the bible and the stories one is supposed to know as a Christian.

10. I spent college spring break on a Habitat for Humanity trip with strangers digging ditches while my friends partied in the Bahamas.

7 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Surviving said...

You could always take care of #7 and babysit my kids, LOL!!!!

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Baraka said...

Salaam dear,

You have a 15 year old lizard? I had no idea they survived for that long!

Yum, cereal is one of my fave meals - for brekkie or dinner!

#6 made me snort in amusement & recognition of myself saying/doing the same sort of things :)

Thanks for doing this!

Love,
Baraka

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Baji said...

Surviving, I just may have to take you up on that!

Baraka, I hope you know I was speaking of a toy lizard, b/c otherwise you may have had a #6 moment! Thanks for asking me to play, it was fun.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

I thought the same thing as Baraka initially :)

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Baraka said...

Oops.

Of course I knew that!

(scuttling away :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger wayfarer said...

I used to like bland food too but now have to have it spicyish. Always hated cereal...i think it was forced on me too much as a child. That is crazy that you like The Jungle that much. I've never heard anyone else that liked it (i did...i'm always referring to it because so much from it stuck in my head).

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 reminds me of Arnold the driving pig that Sali gave me many, many years ago. He was a tiny pink plastic pig that sat with my spare change. He stayed in my car until Jack found him. He is around the house some where now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home