10.28.2006

Al Anon

I went to my first Al anon meeting today. I attempted two other times and ended up in the middle of an AA meeting the first time and lost the second time. I am so glad that I persisted, because today was worth it. The group was so courteous, open, caring and aware. I think I am going to like this program. For those who may not know, Al Anon is an unprofessional support group for family and friends of alcoholics. The group is very protective of anonymity and has rules and expectations regarding the self-navigation of twelve steps much the same as the alcoholic goes through in their AA process.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell us more if you feel comfortable. I'd like to know how you navigate it and how it helps. Much love in your work towards health and happiness!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Thank you. I think I will share my experience. I have a feeling it will be more than expected. Ie I want quick answers, but now I have go through the steps myself. Should be interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home