11.09.2006

News

**Election yielded some awesome results, makes me proud to be an American. Alhumdalilah, Keith Ellison, Muslim convert is first Muslim to be elected to Congress. I can’t wait to see the thumpin’ Curious George is gonna get in the next two years!

**I committed a huge faux pas via e-mail. I responded to an old co-worker at the wrong e-mail address basically dogging my old boss and place of employment. E-mail went to old co-worker’s old e-mail address and was intercepted by old boss. Woke up Saturday to a nasty-ol e-mail from old boss. Decided I had nothing to lose at that point and spent two days devising counter-attack e-mail. Boy-oh-boy, what’s done is done, eh?

**Fell ill with flu. Was disappointed when it ended with advent of menstrual period, thought perhaps nausea could be sign of pregnancy.

**Baby talk becoming more and more of a B-side topic of conversation; husband bought an electric guitar is response. Pray for some Thanksgiving-time lovin’ y’all.

Peace Out.

8 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

If your boss responded to yr email even if you r not anymore there, tells me his/her level of maturity. He should have let it go. My advise - send counter email onetime than don't escalate.

Yes..I am happy..MY straight vote to Democratic party worked....hahaha

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Definitely pleased - no, more than pleased about the muslim convert!!

Whaaa...big oops on the email!!! Why the hell would your old boss take the time to sit down and respond...I mean, come on now...the old boss should have just let that go!! Sheesh.

I'm so sorry you had or still have the flu? Insha'Allah you are feeling better!!

Sending baby makin' vibes your way sis!! :)

Hugs,
Tara

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger pixie said...

I hope you are feeling better.

I would just let the email thing go. I mean as a boss he/she should have just let it go. Shows their lack of professionalism. Pooey on them!:)

I am sending baby vibes your way. Maybe if I send them your way I can get rid of some of the baby fever I have going on,hehehe:)

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Thank you Mystic, Tara and Pixie for your kind words!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

Yay Keith!!!

And get the seductive charms on, I tell you, they are NEVER ready :)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Tara said...

you're welcome sis!!

((hugs))

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger urdudaaN said...

Geeta dropped me a line long time ago about your efforts to learn Urdu.

I recently designed taaleemi taash (i.e urdu alphabet cards).
Sample at http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5918/1482/320/khai.1.png
Taaleemi taash(educational cards!) is a fun way to learn Urdu interactively with kids, friends and relatives. I can send you the printable cards(pdf files) if you wish (drop a comment to urdudaan)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Baraka said...

Salaam dear,

Hope you're doing well.

Miss you,
Baraka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home