1.05.2007

Best Wishes for 2007

I’m not sure where to start. I went to my Mom’s house for Christmas. In the two days preceding, my Mom made a lot of comments about babies and hoping that 2007 was the year that DH and I would make her a grandma, etc. It was becoming very difficult to keep the lies under control!

On Christmas Eve we did our traditional one gift and a toast for the New Year (since I am rarely home for New Years). So my Mom makes her big long speech and toast for a baby, etc. Then DH and I gave her present. She opened it and immediately shouted and started crying when she saw the baby bib.

Boy oh boy, cat out of the bag! It was so happy to see her so ecstatic and to have pulled a good one on her. She asked if she could tell her Aunts and cousins and brother whom we were about to go visit. I told her I didn’t think it was good timing with it being so early on and the fact that I haven’t been to a doctor, yet. She was visibly upset that I said this and was just bursting at the seams to tell the world that she had finally been chartered into the Grandma’s club. So I caved and agreed.

It was so nice to hear how genuinely happy people are for me and DH. The kind words and hugs were beautiful; and it made the event all that much more real. My friends were told as well and they were all very genuinely elated.

Symptoms come and go. One morning I was dry heaving like crazy, but did not vomit. Other days I have had very, very sore nipples and nausea. More days than not, I feel wonderful.

I cannot wait until I have my appointment on Monday! Insh’Allah, my fears will be squashed and I will be able to behave like a normal woman happy to be graced with pregnancy.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

6 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

That's exciting to tell your parents. This may sound weird but when I day dream about being pregnant. Most of the joy I envision is in telling my parents the good news. I want to make them grandparents so much!!

Please let us know what happens Monday!!!! :)

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Aisha said...

?????????????????????

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

??????????????

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

???????????

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

ok sweetie that's not fair. you have to let us know! If I dont hear from you soon I give up.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got such a good response from your family. My mom and dad seemed like they were more in shock than anything. I got the warm response from Chris's family.

To help with morning sickness I used to keep gold fish crackers in my desk at work and I started the day with oatmeal. It stuck with me a while. The sickness comes on mostly when you are getting an empty tummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home