3.19.2006

Dreaming "Gora"

The secret is out. I do dream “gora”. With the new job and a visit from Mom, I have been away from blog-land and missing it tremendously. I was touched by some fellow bloggers inquiries to where I am. The other night I had a dream that I attended a blog meet up in San Fran (jealous of Baraka J).

So there I was, sitting at a large dining table taking in all the new faces behind the stories I read each day. During this dream, my conscious and subconscious were having quite a fight. My mind’s eye dream-view was assigning very Euro attributes to some of the blogger’s whom I KNOW are desi (such as Aisha, Mystic, Baraka, and Opinionatedinjerzee). So I kept telling myself, “No, they don’t look like that, Aisha has beautiful long dark hair, etc.”. LOL

I mulled over this for quite some time once I was fully awake. I don’t consider myself to be racist and I definitely feel that people from Pakistan and India are much more beautiful than those that “look” like I do. It is disturbing and fascinating to me that my mind does truly “think” in white terms.

Despite this oddity, it was a great feeling to “meet” everyone and I hope that all are well.

5 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

LOL that's really funny. I wonder how I looked white. hmmm!!! :)

Glad to see ya posting again. I'm sure you're busy with your new job though but glad to "see" ya:)

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

Nice to hear from you. Its an interesting thought that what race you will prefer to born again. hummm...let see...I will prefer to be something like Iranian, Kashmiri, Pathan, Punjabi...something with black hair and little fair color (Aisha will kill me, she just wrote a post on gora rang).

I hope you are doing well.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Baraka said...

Been missing you too!

That's really interesting - I think there are white people in my dreams but off-hand I can only recall some recent ones with brown folk in them. (They're brown in real life too.)

Hmmm, I'll have to take notes tonight! :)

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

yeah it would be cool if we all could meet. in my dreams, i guess.

i suppose it is only natural that as dreams are a reflection of your subconscious or nafs or whatever, the blog writers would come out that way.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

too busy i guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home