2.08.2006

Where's My Bahoo?

My FIL called this weekend asking, “Where’s my Bahoo? Why haven’t you bought your ticket to come to Pakistan?”

Some quick updates-

I have been very busy with many interviews and the entire rigor moral that accompanies. I have been researching the organizations and their programs, printing references, updating my cover letter for the umpteenth time, googling the directions, getting lost, putting on smiley interview face, and feeling crushed when I find that it isn’t the “right” job or worse, yet, that I am not the “right” candidate.

I have been quite emotional. I am so very sad about the present plight of Muslims. I, too, grow tired of defending. How much more can we explain away, tolerate, and defend? For what price are we willing to support the senseless heretics? How sad it is that even the most devout believers, who are, by far, the majority, feel powerless to change and are scared for themselves and the future of Islam.

This is not an attack, but speaking my fears out loud in hopes of returning to my path to the greatness that Islam has to offer. I have met and read about so many beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, respectful, peaceful, spiritual, and artistic Muslims. I have seen the beauty from within. I now witness so many of these beloved people growing tired of the defense.

In the midst of all of this sadness and self-conflict, me thinks, “At least my Abbu Ji loves me!”

7 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Baraka said...

It's natural to start feeling burnt out, but unfortunately the attacks by right-wing Europeans & Muslims will not stop so we can't either.

Take time out to breathe & care for yourself, & just remember, by being your delightful self you are changing that impression about Islam, one person at a time.

Warmly,
Baraka

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

I think at this junction of history, the best answer from muslims is to speak with their everyday act. Be honest, hard working and good human beings. Arguments will bring more arguments.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam, its feeling of evry muslim, while we muslim thjose living in europe have good chance to show europens the real picture of tru islam by actim on islam, which is unfortuntly we are not doing,
i see a hope at the end of tunnel. from last week i searching web and i got thouns young muslim on pages who are talended and proude being muslim, just need guidecs and be orginize.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Raheel Lakhani said...

This bahoo knows beautifully how to express her feelings in words.

Yes we are fumed but our way of reacting is not the best one.

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Alaikum:
Here is one writer that speaks with his pen of the peace and love that is true Islam. And so, may I commend to you my book, Master of the Jinn: A Sufi Novel, a mystical adventure tale on the Sufi path of Love. It has been translated and published in Russia, and will soon, inshallah, be translated and published in Indonesia, into Bahasa, the national language.
You can view the book and read an excerpt at http://www.masterofthejinn.com
In the Name of the Merciful, 10% of all profits go to charity.

Ya Haqq,

Irving

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Wow, thank you for such kind words and support. Even more evidence that Islam is a beautiful way of life. Thank you to each of you. Hello to the new visitors!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

i am so there with u

 

Post a Comment

<< Home