1.03.2006

Too lazy to write it all out

Some random tidbits:

1. New Years was great. A lazy weekend in with my hubby and lots of yummy food. We watched The Human Stain (love my netflix!). This is a very thought-provoking movie that gives an alternative view to racism-check it out.

2. I really, really want one particular job which I interviewed for two weeks ago. I have been holding my breath ever since. Today, I received a message from the interviewer. I hope that I get an opportunity for a second interview. I have not wanted something this much in a long time.

3. Despite my identity-crisis issues of being unemployed, I have enjoyed my time immensely. I finished The Alchemist and Cosmopolis. I have also caught up on several back issues of Wired, the New Yorker and Scientific Atlantic.

4. Today, I officially became bionic woman; I received my two new hearing aids. So far, seems to be going well. You can not imagine the number of sounds I can now hear. I heard kids yelling with glee as they sled down a hill far off in the distance. I went to Subway for lunch and was able to hear just about everybody’s conversations. This new-found gift can be annoying as well. I now hear every little shake and rattle of the car and the things like water running through pipes and the motor of the refrigerator.

5. I went to the library, got a card and checked out some books. I ended the afternoon with a cup of coffee and I am reading A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis. I have recently learned a lot about my father’s death and decided that I need to take a grief journey as a means pf re-connecting, creating a history, reviving memories, and bidding a proper farewell to my father. I am journaling my steps.

6. It is official II. I am chubby! I faced my fears and stepped on the scale. I am at my heaviest weight ever. I am taking action. Today was my first visit to the gym. I am going to keep a food log and hold myself accountable for my actions.

10 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Aisha said...

wonderful read.

That's great about the hearing aid. But yeah that must get frustrating to hear so much at the same time such as the fridge motor.

I'm with you on losing weight. If you start a weight loss log I'll be there to support you... I certainly could use it myself! :)

I'll have to add Human Stain to my queue.

I hope you get the job too!!! Good luck.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

thanks for the recommendation...I'll check out The Human Stain, too inshallah

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

Enjoy yaar !!

Why you want to get to abnormal life of 9-5 fake people !!!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Sadiq said...

happy new year (belated)

and wish u were here,
http://mysticsaint.blogspot.com

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Sadiq said...

dear, thanks for visiting my blog.

i'm glad to see u there.

blessings

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home