12.15.2005

Honeymoon?

At the time of our Wedding Weekend, we had already been legally married for 13 months. So, to this day, when we are asked “how long have you been married?” I still stumble with the answer. We have decided to celebrate the anniversary of our first ceremony because it is about the day we made the commitment to one another in front of God; not the day we celebrated.

My dear hubby’s parents stayed on for a few weeks afterwards and I immediately went back to work. I was saving my vacation days for a trip to Pakistan later that year.

It was December of last year that we were blessed with a fourth wedding ceremony. (more on that later)

I joke with my hubby that we have never had a honeymoon. What about y’all, did you get a honeymoon?

8 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger mumtahanah said...

honeymoon? what's that?? we didn't even have a proper waliyma (reception) as far as i'm concerned, and next tues. will make 8 yrs. the only way i'll probably get a honeymoon now is if it's a family affair-baby is 1 mo.- but honestly, i'm kool with that...

btw, i always come back to your blog, too (lol).

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Surviving said...

We only had a ceremony at the court house with 2 witnesses. My husband was supposed to go to work that night. However we ended up in a car accident on the way home from the court house so he called in to get the night off.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

some of my wedding fotos are on flickr at luckyfatima, but I can't access them anymore because flickr has been banned in the country where I live in the UAE. Grrr! We didn't have a honeymoon right away, but a year later we went to Singapore and Malaysia for vacation and called it our honeymoon. I plan to make my husband take me on honeymoons to make up for our missed honeymoon for the rest of our lives as long was we can afford it:) Inshallah this year it is Kenya and Zanzibar!

sounds very exotic but these places are less than 5 hours away by flight from Dubai :)


Shaadi mubarak ho!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger camilla said...

I did not have one either...or shall I say I am waiting for one too :) Btw just drop by for the first time and I had to add my comment on this one.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Baji said...

luckyfatima, that sounds wonderful, I wish I could see pics! The rest of us need to get the tour books and maps out and start planning!! :-)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Baraka said...

I'm still waiting to have our honeymoon three years on...

I suppose another way of looking at it is to say we never "went" on a honeymoon, but instead made our lives together a honeymoon :)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Baraka, your words speak the truth.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger koonj said...

Nope. No honeymoon. We flew to Pakistan to get married, and spent the rest of the stay with my family. My fam didn't want us to go away anywhere ('just stay with us. why would you wanna go anywhere?')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home