2.18.2006

Anniversary

Yesterday, my hubby and I celebrated three years of marriage, Alhumdalilah. After waiting forever for him to come home from work, we rushed off to have a nice, quiet seafood dinner.

This is a silly poem I wrote to recognize the day:


As it is today, three years ago was very bitter and cold,
The officials warned, “Don’t Go”, but we were two young hearts determined and bold.

Off we went skating on icy roads in our trusty jeep,
To give our promises to keep.

You in grey and I in black, one would think it a somber mood,
But, anticipatory bravery and happiness were all the memories ensued.

Leaping over the staggering snow drifts at the homestead of _____,
We were bound to prove lasting love evermore.

We were met by our kind hosts and a stranger with green pants and a ruddy nose,
This jolly mayor carried far too many vowels one would suppose.

But, alas, those who bore witness performed with style,
Romantic hues, from the day’s sunset and the warm fire, surrounding all the while.

I said “I Do”,
You said “I Do”,
And then one joined by the other became “The Fearless Two”.

~

Hon, despite all the strife,
I could not be happier to have this life.

You have mad me a better woman than I could ever be,
You have helped me to bare witness to the all the beauty this world carries for us to see.

I love you then, now and forevermore,
‘Till the rocking chairs thump, thump on our patio floor.

6 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Southern Masala said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary! I like the poem, especially the last part about the rocking chairs, cute :).

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

mashallah...very well written

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger pixie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

congratulations :)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!

What a well written poem - I enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing.

Take care!
Tara

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Zëñ Khälïl said...

Mashallah, hope u guys liv together 4evr, n

Nice Poem :),
Allah Paman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home