2.21.2006

Check Up

I resolved to lose weight and it has been a struggle. Through the month of January and the beginning of February I kept a daily food diary and up the ante on water, fruits, vegetables, and yogurt. Additionally, I kept a minimum twice a week work-out regiment and I did not lose ONE POUND; nope, nadda, nay, no weight lost.

Frustrated, I have caved and decided to try another “fad” diet. So over the last 12 days, I have put my hubby and me on the South Beach Diet, Phase I. Essentially, we have agreed to cut out all white flour and sugar from our daily consumption. This strategic wage of war against the bulge combined with the continued twice weekly exercise has prevailed. We have each lost 9 pounds. We plan to continue making more sensible eating choices as we graduate to Phase II, gradually adding the occasional piece of wheat bread or wheat-based pasta and brown rice.

I feel so much better for having maintained control and suppressed all cravings. It is amazing how hard it is to endure two weeks of restricted eating. Making such a conscious effort makes me realize how much crap I put into my body and also how much food fuel our bodies need absent the sugar and chemical additives. Take away the fillers such as bread, cereals, rice, and pasta one has to eat a lot of meat, fish, cheese, nuts, fruits and vegetables. This takes a lot of preparation, which is most difficult in our busy-day society.

I feel great for how my body is changing and becoming slimmer and more firm. I hope that I continue to place my health and happiness in the forefront by staying on the right path.

9 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

so its really working?? i've tried it but can't last two weeks like that. right now I'm doing 30 mins on the treadmill a day, and trying to eat less food for dinner. I look at my pics from my wedding and I was such a skinny little thing... but even then I Thought I was heavy :( Dumb me.. It's hard to lose weight. I hate it!!!!!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Yeah, it works. You just have to stick to it for awhile before you go back to your old ways. My hubby and I did this two years ago during the two wedding ceremonies and we looked great. I lost 15 and he lost 20. Losing weight is no doubt hard! BTW, my new e-mail is bajidance@gmail.com Maybe we could chat sometime?

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Been reading your blog for sometime, however just noticed this for the first time :"I desire to become the best child of Allah"

regards
Zeeshan

P.S.
just in case you are wondering what i am going on about, well i am talking about becoming child of Allah, since when did Allah start siring children?
meant in good humor, no offence intended.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Surviving said...

I hope thing continue to go well with the weight loss.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

For people like me who can't leave oily foods, our slogan is "Die early but live happily". Just on humorous side.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Southern Masala said...

I am day 6 into my south beach diet plan and it has gotten a little bit easier. The first three days were literally like breaking an addiction to carbs. I felt the same way I did when I quit smoking, what with the cravings and all. I have lost about 4 lbs so far. Congrats on sticking with it. Insha'Allah I willbe right there with you in a week or so!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

good for u. i am currently trying to lose the post ramazan/winter season poundage as well. Inshallah khair for both of us!!!

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Baji said...

Hi Anony. Help me follow. "siring"?

Hi Surviing.

Mystic- Don't get me wrong, I looove oily foods, just trying to look better in the clothes :-)

Southern and Lucky- best of luck it is hard! Keep the focus on your ideal you :-)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Aisha said...

Baji, I'm aishacs at gmail.com :) Maybe we'll chat soon insh'allah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home