4.05.2007

I'm a Slacker

Okay, I owe everyone a post and I am at work and swamped as usual so I shall cheat and bullet point the relevant and not-so relevant points of my life:

* I am super-busy and fluctuate between the pregnancy hormone highs and then crash. For once I’m feeling a range of highs and lows never before-experienced-fun!

* Hubby and I were treated to a super-super ultra sound at the University because of the “high-risk” with the family history of Spina Bifida. It was so, so amazing to see the little baby wiggling around inside of me. Mash’Allah, every thing looks healthy with the spinal cord, heart, blood flow, etc. All the fingers and toes appear to be there and boy am I feeling the movement these days!

* I mentioned to the technician that hubby and I had watched an ultra cool “miracle of Life” video by the Discovery Channel and about the amazing new three and four-D technology that let’s you see babies in-utero in “real time” So, walaaa, she pulls out that wand and we get to see the baby in four-D “real time” as if watching a movie. I saw the baby taking sucking it’s thumb and then taking it’s wittle arms and pushing the placenta out of it’s face. Amazing!

* So hubby says (while in the room), why are we keeping the sex of the baby a secret, again? And I’m floored! We had solidly decided against knowing. But, of course when he said that, I became curious too. Turns out that he and I and everyone else in the world, except my Mom were wrong; we’re having a boy! I was so shocked to hear that. It doesn’t make a difference, but I am so glad that now I know and can mentally prepare for a boy!

* Mom and brother are coming to town tomorrow! I’m so excited to have the both of them coming. I can’t wait for Mom to see my growing tummy and the pictures of her first-ever grandson!

* Hubby and I placed an offer on to-be-built house. It is a little out of a price range, but we were swayed by the whole “brand new” and customized to our tastes deal-io. Cross your fingers! We bid low and the agent wasn’t real happy about it, but it is a buyer’s market and all. We’ll see, that’s our final price/offer and we’re sticking to it!

* I got a great annual review and was surprised with a very nice raise, yahoo!
Finished On Beauty by Zadie Smith. I like it a lot. Too lazy to write a review at this time. Surprisingly, everyone else in book club was rather put off by the characters!

Nuff said for now!

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger wayfarer said...

Sounds like a great ultrasound! I was so glad to find out what i was having because i truly "knew" i was having a girl and when we found out i was having a boy i had to mentally prepare too. It's like it doesn't matter - you're happy either way - but it's nice to adjust in utero :-)

So happy for you sis. Glad everything is going so well mash'Allah.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mashallah...

Very good. God bless you.

If someone ask me to pick one moment of my life to never forget - those few seconds I saw my son's heart in uterus beating at 140/min - nothing makes you believe in God but baby in uterus.

mystic

(For house, when I had my first house, it was to-be-built. And I think moving into newly house is a completely different feeling. As a new house you may have some issues but its worthed -its like your first love.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Bee Amma said...

hey i just finished reading On beauty and loved it!!! Who was your fav character?
Btw came to your blog via sobias.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home