2.19.2007

Oh She's Trippin on Memory Lane

Oh sweet, sweet day off work. I feel that this may be one of the last days I will get to enjoy myself as me and not “Mommy”. I started the day with reading the newspaper and some academic articles and essays on the topic of race. I enjoyed a lovely bath and shave my legs for the first time in eons (shaving seem so trivial these days ha-ha).

I mozied out of the house to have lunch with myself. Oh, how I cherish peace and quite moments with myself! I then went to the coffee house for chai latte and some quiet reading time. Afterwards I took a walk around the neighborhood, enjoying the high temperatures (40 degrees!) and sunshine. Birds were chirping and the snow was morphing into water gushing into the drains; a glimpse of spring, what a gift!

Ah, these days of reminiscing. Most of my dreams and waking hours have been filled with vivid and emotional memories of my past. Every phase of my life is being replayed and moving through my head as of on a reel of film. I see myself in my messy childhood room with not a care in the world in regard to my matty, unkempt hair and wardrobe from Salvation Army. What mattered most was grooming my little pony and scheming ways of making my Barbie’s life more magical and fantastical...

12 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

Interesting,,,,,very interesting..

And thanks for trusting and sharing so much of you.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

Interesting,,,,,very interesting..

And thanks for trusting and sharing so much of you.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Zunaster said...

Whoa ! thanks for sharing. It is kind of disturbing to know this about you "I overlooked because of my desperation to be with someone, anyone."

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...wow, what a ride...thanks for taking us along...

-ash

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Baji said...

Hi Mystic, Arianuz and Ash. I woke up this mornign and I'm thinking, "What am I doing sharing such details on my blog..." Maybe I'll remove this post, but it was just that I felt the need to put this down in order to close these parts of me out. Nothing I did was "bad", it was just poor choices and mental issues (co-dependency) that went undetected for far too long. I hope my blog remains as anoymous as I think it is, otherwise I would never share in such a public manner. Again, thanks for listening to my one-sided couch session with the therapist ha-ha.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think I was only living yards away at one point and had no clue.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Hi Kim. What you thought I was such a shy girl, huh?

Okay, now I'm feeling very paranoid ha-ha. I'm removing the post.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Okay, I removed it. I didn't like that the images were disturbing in some ways, really they weren't they were just poor choices, but I learned from them and grew and moved forward.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

magical and fantastical lives of Barbie are the best!

those days...

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Zunaster said...

I don't understand why you removed it, what I really appreciated in your writing was that you moved on . You did not become immune to it . I think your husband too plays a very important part in this. Please don't be paranoid. You are doing blogging in the true sense, just be honest to it (which you always are)

Love,
Zunaira.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

No problem...We will continue to read your blog anyway but that deleted post actually brought more respect for you as an honest person..

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the post that you removed...Kim mentioned it on the phone to me a couple days ago -- I didn't yet have your blog saved w/in my favorites *I am so lame* so I had to hunt it down in my old emails...BUT now that I am here, you are saved in my favorites, at the top of my navigation bar...so, I can stop by & say "hi" regularly now. Goofy me, I know.
Well...your are entering that realm of motherhood -- with all of my friends becoming mothers, I would say it makes YOUR network larger! lol !
Amy had her baby early yesterday...Asher came 5wks early...he's tiny, but strong & doing well...
Kim & Chris are talking about another...and Jenn at work is enjoying her baby D. And Pat! Pat edge! He luvs his boy Keegan Patrick. And us? TG & I are enjoying all of our "toys" -- the mini & the new BIg screen HDTV...we are such kids ourselves! But we're having fun...and to me, that is the best thing I could ask for...

May your days be filled w/peace, harmony, and love. Hugs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home