4.12.2007

I Have Been Tagged!

Thanks Surviving for tagging me! People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!

1. I was once a fortune cookie for Halloween. I even took the time to fill a register tape with good fortunes and ask passer-byers to rip off a fortune.
2. On another occasion, my friend and I dressed up as boys and would knock on the neighbor’s door and then run to the back of the house so not to be seen. After the third time of knocking and running, the neighbor-boys came running after us. They tackled us thinking we were boys. We had to scream for them to stop hurting us.
3. I once went camping and brought home a cockroach in my ear! The roach was burrowed in my ear canal and wasn’t discovered until a day later-yuck!
4. I am named after my Italian-born grandmother, which happens to be a fairly common Arabic/Muslim name.
5. I have never changed a baby diaper.
6. I have volunteered to wash dishes in a rural village dinner in order to get people in town to trust me. Dish duty also required scraping scraps into the pig feed and dog feed buckets.
7. I can read lips very well. This trait is so much a part of me that I don’t even realize that I still do it until someone puts their hand over their mouth while talking and suddenly I can’t “hear” the person anymore because I can’t see their lips.
8. I have hunted with my father and gutted fish I have caught.
9. I enjoy parallel parking.
10. I have been cussed out by politicians for organizing and educating poor people on their rights to demonstrate and to access their city halls and state houses, etc. I have been personally cussed out by the CEO of a major finance company as well.

10 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Surviving said...

You can always come over to my house and change a few diapers. That way you are all ready when you change your babies diapers. ROFL!!!!

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Baraka said...

I once went camping and brought home a cockroach in my ear! The roach was burrowed in my ear canal and wasn’t discovered until a day later-yuck!

Oh no! I thought these sorts of stories were urban legends!

I don't know if I'll ever look at a Pakistani cockroach as nonchalantly ever again!

Hope you're well,
Baraka

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it has been a while since you blogged. I was afraid that I missed so much because I have not had the chance to check lately. I guess we will just have to catch up on everything tomorrow. :-)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Miss Specs said...

WoW...that all seems interesting!!

p.S. I LOVE the part where you whipped people up to get their rights. Lol! What a scene it must've been!!

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where and how are you, baji?

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Koonj's query - hope you're doing well!

Warmly,
Baraka
http://rickshawdiaries.wordpress.com/

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear your voice again - and congratulations on your dear Idrees, masha-Allah! :)

Love to you,
Baraka
www.rickshawdiaries.wordpress.com

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger The Gori Wife said...

I have so enjoyed reading the archives here. I really wish I knew how the story ended!

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaams - How are you & Idrees doing sweetie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home