5.01.2006

Back from Holiday

So I wondered if I should just scrap the whole Blog thing. But, I cannot forget all my acquaninces and the joy I get from your updates and your comments of my updates.

Where do I begin? I am exhausted and “sneaking” in a few minutes of “me” time. I patiently waited out as hubby and MIL prattled on until they tired themselves and finally went upstairs to bed. “Oh no, I must get caught up on this work”, I insisted. In reality, I needed a minute to myself and an opportunity to try and save what’s left of the Baji Dance.

Where has Baji been? She’s been off a dancing in Europe. This was my first trip to Europe; hubby and I spent two weeks in Switzerland and drumroll….Venice!

Switzerland is picturesque, international, historic, unique and very well organized. Honestly, I really didn’t know what to expect. Hubby and I were invited to go and meet his parents and have a holiday in what was part family vacation and part business-venture. Seeing as my DH’s father always has an agenda, we didn’t bother planning anything, for fear that our hopes would be crushed and raging war would break out between DH and father.

We were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed Switzerland. We spent the first few days in Lausanne. We drove through rolling hills, vineyards and quaint towns. We saw beautiful Lake Geneva and ate awesome fondue at Gruiyere. We ate the most amazing 11 course meal in some fancy-shmancy restaurant which was an experience in itself for this hick-girl gone-cultured LOL. We also crawled around a castle which was begun in the 12-13th century.

Following this, we went to the Suisse German side to a town called Interlocken. Here we stayed in a beautiful hotel which had a magnificent view of the Swiss Alps. We spent one day trekking up the Alps (via cable car that is!). Once we reached the top, we had the most majestic view. It felt like we were in the middle of diamond dust universe as the sunlight beat down onto the snow-covered mountains. This was truly a breath-taking experience. Interlocken was a little less obligatory on the social/business front and more like a true “holiday”. My FIL insisted that my MIL have her first full-body massage, which she was not at all thrilled about. So, I was charged with taking the lead and ensuring that my MIL follow through with his orders, which meant that I, too, had to have a full-body massage-DARN! LOL. That, too was an amazing release of energy and celebration of self and a magical journey to self’s past. Wow. I’m blabbering….

Not to be the least bit ungrateful, but hubby and I wanted a few days to ourselves. So we made last minute plans to take a train to Venice. More on that and the tales of MIL Visit Round III.

5 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Surviving said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Baraka said...

Sounds wonderful!!! :)

I'm thinking about scrapping the blog too, but hesitate for the very same reason of loving the people I've "met"

It's an ongoing debate...we'll see what happens.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

It was nice to hear about switzerland..

Don't scrap blog..but make it pvt and just stay around

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

Sounds fun!!!! :) Glad it was fun. Seems the scrap the blog is a common refrain. I've been blogging almost two years and see folks come and go. Seems a temporal thing. Hope you keep it up though. Is MIL back with y'all?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger pixie said...

I'm glad that you had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home