10.26.2005

The Need to Blog

We live in a community that does not have many desis and my hubby does not have any family here. I started blogging in hopes that I would be able to connect with other gori wives married to Pakistani men.

What I have found is way beyond expectations, which causes mixed emotions.

First, there are lots and lots of people just like me. This is great in terms of support which was my original need. I love to read about everyone else's issue which ring so true to me. I love the support and comarade of sister-hood. There is also a certain element of sadness in knowing that I am not so unique after all.

But, this is ood for me to witness, because at the end of the day the marrirage is a marriage and a family is a family no matter where you come from. The two risk-takers in love who risked so much and hurdled so many barriers are now Mr. and Mrs. as any other Mr. and Mrs.

Secondly, there is also an aspect of blogging being like a popularity contest (probably self-induced) I see that there are so many cool people out there. I laugh at their jokes, I "peer" into their homes, I visualize their children, etc. I feel that I can relate to them and in turn want them to know me.

I was always vey shy as a child and still, I a bit of a introvert. I have failed miserably so many times in trying to make new friends in school, at parties, etc. I do not feel this as much because I have a stable group of friends. Blogging has stirred up some of these emotions as I try to get my foot in doors and forge relationships or whatever it is that we do on blogs. I am not sure what it is, but I know that I desire to relate to y'all, so will you be my friend?

Thirdly, blogging is dangerously addictive.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I will! :) First time here! I'll be back again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home