10.17.2005

Worker Bee

N and I are planning our move. There are so many emotions that accompany this move. The move is a result of his office closing here and his job has been moved to the headquarter office.

I have never lived out of state and all of my family and friends are here. I am very excited about the new life and the new experience with my best friend. I am also nervous, too.

Friday is my last day at work. I am glad for an "out", because it is time, though I cherish my experience. As a program director, I learned so much. I learned about the issues of homelessness and maintaining grants as well as supervsing; all of which were very challenging. I enjoyed being "queen" so to speak. And my hard work really turned a dying program around. I have made life-lasting frienships and have helped so many people in their time of transition from homelessness.

So now what? I have submitted a few resumes and have been called for two interviews. I turned one job down. Another job, which I thought I had just turned me down. I am beating myself up. I am also secretly grateful, becuase this means I can stay here until after Thanksgiving. And for once I don't have to be the responsible one. For once, I can relax and see what comes our way.

I do not want another low-pay, 50 hour a week stress job. I want to have more time for my hubby, to cook, to clean, to read, to exercise, to study urdu (to nest so-to-speak). I will work, but I won't make it my priority. This shall be an interesting concept for me to master seeing as all I have ever known is my career.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Best of luck and I say enjoy not working!!!

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home