6.19.2006

Appreciation

My Dh and MIL had a very long and heated discussion on Saturday night. The discussion started at the dinner table (Paki time being 9:00 dinner of course) and lasted until 5am! I don't think that my family has spoken to each other for that length of time for a combined a period of two years. LOL.

There were a lot of tears and various emotions throughout the tirade. A lot of personal family history was shared and descriptive examples were given, etc. What I am surprised by, and what I appreciate, is that the entire conversation remained in English. I know that it must be difficult (especially for my MIL) to continue such lengthy and emotional proclamations in one's second language.

I am so appreciative, because, even though I remained silent througout the whole event, I know that deliberate effort was made to include me, which meant so much!

7 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

I am glad you are getting over hump

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Thanks, mystic! Nissing you.

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that was nice of them.

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre right! that was quite surprising. you are important in the family circle.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger wayfarer said...

That's amazing!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger luckyfatima said...

i don't get it. was the issue about how u felt getting bossed or something else? how has it been since then.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Baji said...

Lucky- no the issue had nothing to do with me. It seems very difficult for me to get any of the attention, actually LOL :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home