5.15.2006

Ciao!



As I tire of the hard work where it seems that a weekend is hardly a blink of the eye, I ponder and recall the recent honeymoon.

You see, I brag and boast about how I am a lucky girl with four separate wedding ceremonies. But, then I would counter my “big fish” story by baiting pity for the fact that my hubby and I have never had a honeymoon. Selfish, I know, but I wanted a honeymoon, dammit!

A month ago, at the tail-end of our Switzerland trip, my Dear Husband (DH) and I snuck away via train and landed at one of the most romantic places ever: Venice, Italy. For three nights and four days, we had a new, tantalizing, romantic and fun universe to explore all by ourselves. We did not go with an agenda, nor did we have to entertain anyone else’s agenda (tour group, parents, in-laws, friends, etc.). The world was in our hands and we ate it up!

This honeymoon as we have declared it, was long-overdue, yet couldn’t have come at a better time. After three years a marriage, I have come to saying, “Now that the honeymoon is over….blah…blah….blah”. Having had a honeymoon after year three was just what the doctor ordered so to speak. If you relate to anything I am saying, I highly recommend you to seek a similar remedy.

Memories I will cherish:
Seeing an entire city lined up along the Grand Canal. Although we have all seen the photos and the movies, nothing compares to actually seeing a city so cleverly designed which replaced all streets with canals. Truly amazing.
Wandering through the back alleys and witnessing Renaissance, Gothic and Romanesque influenced architecture all within one block.
Visiting the Peggy Guggenheim Museum and then my amazing self-discovery of the modern art movement and finally understanding the artists’ intentions with futurism, surrealism, etc.
Eating.
Loving.
Watching.
Sharing the most private and romantic gondola ride with my husband as the clock struck midnight and the driver bellowed love songs in Italian.

No more complaints about never having a honeymoon.

8 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Baji said...

I now know that I must be pretty lonely when I have dared to post a pic of myself

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger J Lev said...

Oh my gosh Baji, you are sooooo cute. Mashallah! You're such a sweetie! I love the way you love things. Does that make sense? I mean, i like the way you describe your appreciation for beautiful things. I'm happy that you went on such an exciting trip. I love those photos up there too. All the little windows and balconies and old doors really make me itch with curiosity as to what/who is inside.

Salams
-Um Mahtab

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Zunaster said...

I second that. You really make things are seemingly unattractive so beautiful.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Aisha said...

sounds so nice!!!! :)

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Baji said...

Blush, blush
Aww thank you Um Mahtab, arianuz and Aisha

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger mystic-soul said...

lucky you!!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger pixie said...

It sounds like such a wonderful trip. I love the photos. You have quite an eye for capturing things.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Aisha said...

btw the picture of you... did you ever watch felicity? its a very felicity pose! you even have her hair, lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home